Team building is something that is getting a lot of focus nowadays, especially in the business world. Most organizations are moving from focusing on individuals to focusing on teams, and that has proven to be a good approach for most organizations. When you foster a team oriented environment, your employees are more concerned about contributing to the environment rather than achieving their own goals.
Instead of just putting people in team, and forcing them to work together. With these activities, the employees will be better prepared to work well in a team.
One of the most common team building activities is case studies. You can divide your employees in teams, and the give each team a case study to work on. At the end of the day, every team will have to present their case study in front of all their colleagues, and the best team can then win a reasonable prize. This is an effective exercise, because people will put in their efforts and unique skills for solving the case study, and will come up with different ideas. They will have to brainstorm, which is very effective for team building.
Communication exercises are also very effective kinds of team building activities. You can give your teams certain problems or issues which can only be solved by communication, so they are motivated to communicate with each other. For example, you could devise a game such as survival scenarios. Give them an unfortunate scenario, and tell your teams to come up with plans to cope with these scenarios, and then present their plan in front of everyone.
Team building activities do not always have to be work cantered. Tug- of- War is a great game in which different teams pull against each other and try to win. All aboard is a classic game, in which team members have to occupy a certain space, and support each other physically.
Among popular team building activities is the Great Egg Drop. All the teams are given eggs and are asked to design containers which allow the eggs to be safe, even if they are dropped. This allows for brainstorming and all the team members will have to work with each other to come up with ideas, and then design the container.
You can even incorporate team building activities in your daily work routine. Popular games like escape room nyc, are a great way to motivate team work and communication. Regular social events and outdoor activities are also effective for improving the level of team work in the organisation.
1. Amoeba Race. This is a popular activity which requires you to create groups of about five children each. After creating the groups, you should instruct the participants to choose one member of their team to stand in the center so they can start forming the nucleus of an amoeba. The other four members of the each group will have to start surrounding the nucleus while they face outward. The elbows of the four other members should also be linked together. After that, you should draw tracks for the groups and then start a race. The member who acts as the nucleus will have to direct the entire group forward. You can expect the kids to enjoy this activity while also building a good sense of competition and cooperation.
2. Bridge. This is one of the simplest and the most creative team building activities for kids. This will allow all kids in the team to use their own creativity when it comes to using the resources given in building the strongest bridge. The good thing about this activity is that aside from allowing the kids to use their imagination and creativity, they will also learn the value of relationships, team communication and cooperation.
3. Problem Solving. This is one of those activities that allow kids to work together. If you choose this activity, then make sure that you present it in the most entertaining way possible as kids have shorter attention span when compared to adults. You can make the activity more entertaining by creating a reward system. This will allow the team to work together in solving the problem so they can get the promised reward. An advantage of this activity is that it helps in improving the initiative of children. You can also expect this activity to help kids directly interact with one another.
4. Tower Stack. The idea behind this activity is to build the tallest tower out of the given materials. This is designed to enhance the innovative skills of children while teaching them how respect each other’s ideas.
5. Human Web. After that, each of them needs to stretch their hands to the center and reach for the hands of other kids. After firmly holding hands, everyone is required to untangle the web. But make sure that no one let go of their hands along the process.