Each year, millions of New Yorkers move out of an old apartment or home into a new one, for various reasons. What they all have in common, besides the tedious moving process, is having to clean up their new place. While cleaning often times falls last on their list of priorities, it cannot be postponed forever. Luckily, there are professional cleaning services that can take care of everything for you in the blink of an eye – or at least without you having to lift a single finger to do it. Before we tell you more about this quick alternative, here are a few smart house or apartment/condo cleaning advice you could personally put into practice without too much hassle.
How To Clean The Kitchen
- Since you will most likely want to cook a warm meal for you and the family in your new home, start with the kitchen. If the places was not properly cleaned and aired prior to your moving in, you will need to take matters into your own hands.
- Start with the refrigerator; use baking soda or a special appliance cleaner, sponges and heavy-duty cloths. Clean the stove with the help of a brush that will not scratch the surface. Fill the sink up with hot and soap water and soak all metal trays and racks in.
- Let an over cleaner do its job for about half an hour while you are busy cleaning under the hood. Use a sheet of brown paper that will collect the drips.
- Clean behind the stove and the fridge, as well as the top and sides.
- Clean the kitchen cabinets and counters with a mild cleaner. Rey on baking soda and water for stubborn grease stains.
- Clean the space between the cracks of your counters using a putty knife.
- If you feel overwhelmed or the place is simply too dirty for you to handle on your own, contact some specialized cleaners in the city and let them throw a hand at you.
How To Clean The Carpets
It is advisable to hire New York carpet cleaning professionals for your carpets. Do this if the former owners did not clean the carpets thoroughly. Deep steam cleaning has many advantages, including health wise benefits thanks to the non-harmful process and cleaning supplies used. It also helps you get rid of nasty bacteria, mold, stains and debris in your carpets, something you will most likely not be able to do on your own.
How To Clean The Floors
If you have wood floors or faux wood in your new home, you will need to sweep the floor thoroughly and make sure you will effectively clean beneath all heating vents and appliances. Mild soap should do the trick, but you can also have professional cleaners take care of your hardwood floors with the help of specialized tools and supplies. Companies like NYC Steam Cleaning specialize in services like debris removal, scrubbing and intensive floor treatment that will aggressively attack dirt that is tough to get rid of, as well as detailed hand cleaning for edged and areas that are hard to reach. They also provide second scrub services that should pick up any remaining dirt, as well as top coat application.